The Genius of Cavaillé-Coll celebrates the life and work of Aristide Cavaillé-Coll (1811 – 1899), the great French organ builder whose work inspired the magnificent compositions of the French Romantic Organ School – Franck, Widor, and Guilmant.
The centrepiece of this lavish boxed-set is a three-part, 156-minute documentary about Cavaillé-Coll’s life and work. Two further DVDs include demonstrations of fifteen organs and more than three hours of music (all recorded in full surround sound). Two CDs feature a survey of French organ music from 1830 to 1900. An 80-page booklet contains specifications and colour photos of all the organs, track details and an introductory essay.
- 5 Disc Pack: 3 x DVD, 2 x CD
- 80 Page full-colour booklet containing organ specifications and photos
- 16:9 Widescreen
- Region Free NTSC DVD, will play anywhere in the world
- DTS Digital Surround 96/24™ 2.0 / 4.0 / 5.1 (96kHz 24bit playback on compatible equipment, compatible with all DTS equipment for 48kHz playback)
- Dolby Digital Surround 2.0
- All music recorded by 'BBC Music Technical Excellence' award winning engineer, David Hinitt.
- Languages: English and Français
- Subtitles: English, Français, Deutsch
DVD1 The Genius of Cavaillé-Coll (Three-Part Documentary – 156 minutes)
DVD2 The Organs of Cavaillé-Coll (Demonstrations and Music – 202 minutes)
DVD3 Après Cavaillé-Coll (Demonstrations and Music – 139 minutes)
CD 1 and 2 The Sounds of Cavaillé-Coll (Music – 142 minutes)
© 2020 www.refoboek.com - Powered by Shoppagina.nl